The Civil ID is the primary form of identification for citizens in Kuwait. It is given out by the Public Authority for Civil Information (PACI) and required for several routine operations, such as opening a bank account and getting a driver’s license.
Civil identification cards are required for all Kuwaiti citizens and residents. You must be aware that you should always carry current, official documentation when you travel throughout the city as an ex-pat residing in Kuwait.
Doing this will help you stay out of problems with the law. The Kuwaiti Civil Identification Document in the Gulf States is “Bataka.” Your Civil ID has all of your personal information, just like other ID cards, and as an ex-pat, you need to complete transactions to move money abroad; therefore, having this card is crucial.
Regardless of how long you intend to stay in Kuwait, you must know the requirements for renewing your Civil ID. This article will guide you on how to check your Kuwaiti Civil ID status online, including Kuwait civil ID validity and when it expires.
How To Check Kuwait Civil ID Status?
You must understand how to check the status of your civil ID if you are a citizen of Kuwait. You can follow along with how to do it in this blog post. Remember that to access your information, you will need your civil ID number to access your information. Let’s get started!
- Step 1
The first step is to visit the Ministry of Interior civil ID website, as you see below.
- Step 2
The next box needs to provide your civil id number.
- Step 3
For a status update, click the “Query” button.
- Step 4
Your civil id card information will appear on the screen when you click the query button. However, you may see the details on your civil ID card here.
- Step 5
The screen will show the status of your civil ID. It will say “Active” if everything is in working condition. It will provide you with additional advice on correcting any issues with your civil ID inquiry if there are any.
Another Method For PACI Civil ID Inquiry
Calling the hotline at 1889988 is another approach to finding out the status of your Kuwait civil ID inquiry. To confirm your identity, you must dial this number and give your ID number and other personal details. Once you’ve done that, your ID’s current status will be audible.
key Features Of Kuwait Civil ID
The new national eID card was created to serve as the main tool for verifying all digital residents and identities of Kuwaiti nationals. As a result, it served as a crucial component in streamlining administrative processes and assisting Kuwait’s extensive digital government effort.
Its overarching goal was to fundamentally alter how residents and citizens obtain basic services. Consider a few of the card’s main characteristics and advantages:
- The national eID card complies with the Gulf Cooperation Council’s (GCC) rules, intended to enable unfettered travel between GCC members for all nationals.
- The safe document has overt and hidden security elements and doubles as an ID card.
- Cardholders can execute transactions safely and easily due to the contact functionality, which gives them access to eGovernment services.
- Identity verification at border crossings is made faster, more convenient, and more secure due to contactless technology embedded into the card by Thales.
Civil ID Renewal For Kuwaiti Individuals
Individuals in Kuwait who have expired ID cards may renew them via this service. Applicants under 18 can renew their civil cards online, over the phone, or with the help of a parent. Adult applicants (18 years of age or older) may renew their cards directly, by phone, online, or by way of a parent.
Eligibility or Requirements:
- Identification cards can be renewed by phone or online for those at least 18 years old and who have acquired Kuwaiti nationality. Candidates must submit a personal photo if they still need a scanned one.
- Card renewals can be completed online or over the phone for applicants under 18. A personal photograph is required in this situation from applicants who are at least 10 years old.
- Certificate of Nationality with a copy.
- A copy of the first and last pages of the nationality certificate and the original document must be submitted.
- 4 x 6 cm recent colorful pictures of yourself
- Take pictures without your glasses.
- The center of the photograph should have a face between 2:2 and 2:5 cm long.
- No pictures should be taken while wearing a military uniform.
- It is advisable to capture pictures for purposes other than the face profile.
- The color of the photo background should be fine with clarity.
- The original civil ID.
- The Ministry of Justice must grant power of attorney if the applicant cannot attend in person.
Reaping The Benefits Of Partnership
PACI Kuwait has built the infrastructure required to offer civil ID/ eID to every Kuwaiti in just a few years. By creating various cutting-edge and practical apps and services, public and commercial service providers around the nation have been able to take advantage of this platform. Involvement in this endeavor makes Thales proud.
Kuwait’s best practices show the benefits of implementing a national eID card, especially as the foundation for creating smart cities and a digital government platform. The Kuwaiti government has also demonstrated how a dependable national identity card can increase trust in eGovernment.
Millions of Kuwaitis are reaping the advantages of technology and digital administration. Kuwaitis now experience new levels of ease and comfort when dealing with and using public institutions and services.
How To Apply For A New Civil ID?
- Visit the webpage for the Ministry of Information.
- The “eServices” tab can be selected.
- Click “Apply for a National ID Card” under the “Citizen Services” heading.
- Please complete and submit the online application form.
- Pay the due fees.
- Hold off until you receive your ID card in the mail.
- When your ID card arrives, activate it by visiting a Civil ID office and showing the card and your Kuwaiti passport.
- At the office, fingerprints and photos will be taken.
- Every ten years, you must renew your ID card; the procedure is the same as when you first apply for one, except that you won’t have to pay the application expenses again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Finally, it is simple to access your Kuwaiti civil ID status online. It only takes a few minutes of your free time and your civil ID number. Once you have your civil ID status, you can apply for jobs, renew your driver’s license, and more.
So why do you still have to wait? Check your Kuwaiti civil ID status today! This blog article would have shown you how to check your civil id status. Please feel free to ask any questions in the comments section below, and we’ll do our best to respond. Thank you for reading!